Cannabis Control Office
The Cannabis Control Office (CCO) started in 2015 as the Medical Marijuana Unit, with the inception of the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act … With passage of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act in 2019 the unit expanded into the Cannabis Control Office.
The duties of the CCO include:
- Security Plan reviews for all Illinois Department of Agriculture cannabis licensed entities (Cultivation Centers, Craft Grows, Infusers, Transporter, and Community College participants.)
- Monthly regulatory compliance inspections of all Illinois Department of Agriculture licensed cannabis entities, and of all Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations licensed cannabis entities (Adult Use and Medical Use Dispensaries).
- Investigate, or assist with investigations/ violations regarding the medical and adult use cannabis acts, Cannabis Control Act, and Joint Committee on Administrative Rules regarding cannabis.
- Provide support, guidance, and training on cannabis to all levels of Illinois Law Enforcement, other government agencies, the cannabis industry, and the public.
In conjunction with the Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDoA), the CCO has developed the following guidelines and instructions on how to properly submit the IDoA Craft Grower, Infuser, and Transport Organizations Security Plans. Please follow the quick links to obtain more information, starting with the Security Plan Checklist Reference Instructions.
NOTE: Questions or requests for clarification regarding the checklist, security components, or the process should be directed to the Illinois Department of Agriculture by emailing email@example.com
Checklists and Forms
- Security Plan Checklist Reference Instructions
- Craft Grower Checklist 2-733 Flat
- Craft Grower Table
- Infuser Checklist 2-732 3-21 Flat
- Infuser Table
- Transporter Checklist 2-731 3-21 Flat
- Transporter Table
Direct all questions regarding Cannabis Control by emailing ISP.CannabisControl@illinois.gov